Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Past Fallacious Fallacies on F&OST

This morning, I described the "aggregation fallacy" as a "fallacious fallacy" - something that a lot of people wrongly point to as a fallacy. I think I'll try to highlight a couple more of these cases over the next couple weeks, mostly from economics.

In the meantime, since we've gotten a lot more readers lately, I wanted to highlight two past posts on fallacies on this blog that I thought were both pretty fun.

The first is a post by Evan on a fallacy that he enjoyed coining: the fallacy of gravity as a mechanism of consciousness. As Evan suggests, it probably already has a name, but it's more fun to give it a new name that enables you to reference Wile E. Coyote. The post is very good.

I also have one on the fallacy of teleological thinking when we talk about evolution and the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.