Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reason.com on Federalism and Race

More on this tomorrow hopefully, but just wanted to share this for now.

UPDATE: OK, so I never got to talk more about this. Needless to say, I think he's very right and this is a very real problem. See a personal connection of mine to this issue here. It's an old post of mine titled "A Non-Reactionary Case for States Rights", arguing for robust federalism and including a little bit of my family history as well. I'd really like to develop/write up that story and the lessons I personally draw from it and publish it somewhere some day. In the meantime - is anyone aware of any research tying views on race in America to views on federalism? It's gotta be out there. Is there a literature? Does anyone know anything about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.