Sunday, October 28, 2012

A couple thoughts emerging from my weekend

1. Western Maryland is beautiful in the fall. Not a new realization, but a happy reminder.

2. The disparity between how good Kate is at serving in ping-pong and how horrendous she is at returning the ball is very confusing to me. I'm not great at either, but at least there's some parity in my ping pong skill set.

3. Herman Melville has a great economic intuition IMO.

4. When your reporting of the storm is centered around what it will do to the election, you sound like  a jerk.

3 comments:

  1. " The disparity between how good Kate is at serving in ping-pong and how horrendous she is at returning the ball is very confusing to me."

    What strikes me right away is that hitting a ball you have deliberately thrown up at a particular speed to be at a particular spot is very different than hitting one coming at you with a speed and direction you can't control. I'd say she is good at eye-hand coordination with a movement she has initiated, but much less skilled when responding to someone else's movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but this is like the difference between McEnroe on the serve and a toddler on the return... I think she may be juicing.

      Delete
  2. Centered upon. Revolves around. See the difference? Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.